A Healthy Dessert
Who doesn’t love a big bowl of ice cream to satisfy their sweet tooth every now and then? It’s a staple in most freezers, but not the healthiest choice for frequent eating.
Here’s a “nice” cream recipe you can make with ingredients you probably already have at home, and with no added sugar and just a couple ingredients, it’s a healthy, yet delicious, dessert option.
• 2 large frozen bananas (cut into slices before freezing for easier blending)
• Splash of milk of choice
• Optional: additional mix-ins such as strawberries, cocoa powder, peanut butter, etc.
• Place everything into a high-speed blender and blend for 1 to 2 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides a couple times.
• If it’s too thick, add more milk one tablespoon at a time until you reach a smooth, soft-serve consistency.
• Enjoy immediately or place in a container to freeze for 1-2 hours before scooping.